Shopping using Voice
The voice shopping market in the United States will rise from its current US$2 billion valuation to $40 billion by 2022, according to survey results OC&C Strategy Consultants.
The trend is being driven by a surge in the number of homes using smart speakers, from the current 13 percent to 55 percent by 2022.
As per OC&C survey findings:
- 39 percent of consumers trust in the personalized product selection of smart speakers;
- 44 percent believe smart speakers offer the best value selection of products;
- Smart speaker owners are likely to be younger, more affluent consumers who are more likely to have children; and
- Voice purchases tend to be standalone, lower-value items.
The most commonly purchased items through voice are commodities:
- Groceries – 20 percent;
- Entertainment – 19 percent;
- Electronics – 17 percent; and
- Clothing – 8 percent.
Eighty-five percent of consumers select the products Amazon suggests, OC&C found; 45 percent of grocery orders placed through voice replace existing store or online purchases, and most are bought through Amazon Fresh.
To know more about our offerings, click on the link below –