Mobile First Indexing by Google
We are all aware of the rise in the use of smartphones and the mobile apps that increases the productivity when using smartphones. In 2016, a survey by BrightEdge quoted saying 57% of website traffic were from the mobile devices.
Mobile indexing is where one types in a query and the results are displayed are based on Mobile method of ranking rather than desktop method.
Some important ways to keep your site responsive. Below is the checklist –
- Check all your dynamic elements – Can you see the content on the desktop in the mobile?
- Check load times and page speeds – Is your page loading in 3 seconds, if not fix it
- Check whether your site is mobile-friendly or mobile-responsive
- Say no to Flash stick to Java or HTML5
- No Popups – Pop-ups can be annoying on mobile.
- Avoid big graphics
- Decrease HTTP requests – Reducing the number of images can help in site speeds.
- Optimize backend
- Include structured data
- Check XML & media sitemaps