Tips to increase conversion rate
The majority of online stores focus on setting up a visually appealing website that generally don’t generate the revenue they expect. In other words, many of the online stores built do not focus on converting the website visitors to orders. Importance is given to the design over conversion, which is ok in the short term. In the long run, they realize their website is not generating the revenue they expect. Once the design and user experience is out of the way, it’s important to start looking at ways to increase online revenue.
By going over this post you will find 10 important features that can be implemented, allowing you to salvage lost revenue and increase your online sales moving forward.
Providing In-Store experience to Online Shoppers
To a certain extent, an online store can provide a pretty similar experience as if the customer were shopping in-store. In typical in-store shopping, shoppers are able to touch and feel the products on display, try them on, communicate with an in-store sales person which creates an invaluable experience. There are many such features that are available on some select eCommerce platforms, as discussed below.
- Product Reviews: Allows customers to review products available online and provide a way to capture their feedback. This feedback will in turn help you stay focused on your customer needs, converting a browsing visitors into a registered shopper. You can also use ecommerce apps such as Power Reviews or Yotpo to automatically post a review to your channels complementing your marketing goals.
- Newsletters & Marketing Campaigns: For a larger customer base, increase your conversions by sending out newsletters and marketing campaigns on a regular basis, without spamming their emails. There are tools available in the eComchain dashboard that send out targeted marketing campaigns to a specific set of users or a set of users who ordered a specific product.
- Try-it-On feature: With the Try-it-On feature offered by eComchain, online shoppers can drag and drop the images shown on a garment or a jewelry product catalog to their personally uploaded pictures, giving the online shoppers a feel of in-store shopping.
- Implementing Chatbots & Live Chat: The Live Chat feature along with Chatbots have come a long way in converting a shopper from browsing to ordering online. With Chatbots, online stores are able to answer frequently asked questions related to product availability or the order status, considerably reducing the operational cost of live chats, if the online store prefers to take that route.
Improving Customer Experience with Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence or AI has become an essential tool for any eCommerce site in the connected world that we are in. In today’s digital marketing era the head of marketing can’t escape the need to include AI in its eCommerce or physical retail stores. Learn more on how AI can increase your online sales in a very short time.
Here are the AI features that come pre-built within eComchain:
- Context-based search engine thinks the way humans do using natural language processing (NLP) to narrow down, contextualize and ultimately improve search results. For example, if a shopper searches for Café but the catalog has products listed as Cafe (without an apostrophe). Along with NLP, there’s a feature to boost search results based on the online demand for products listed in the catalog.
- Retargeting potential customers with the use of a built-in big data analytics engine that captures notable time spent on a product and then displays special offers on the customer’s next visit using the same big data available. This information is stored within the eCommerce database wherein shoppers get the right product info at the right time.
- Create Omni-channel personalization – Customers would receive push notification on mobile devices while they are browsing on a different channel (e.g. desktops or laptops) or while they are browsing around the online or retail store itself. With a responsive user interface, customers would be able to complete purchases on their mobile devices even if they are in a physical store or connected to an online store.
Enhanced Landing Page features
There’s a very limited time to make that first impression for any first time visitor to the landing page of your online store, which also ensures increasing the frequency of their visits. With that as the top priority, it’s important for the landing page to display the most relevant information related to your product offerings optimizing conversions by keeping it simple and easy to use. Here are some key features that can be displayed on a landing page:
- Top Selling products: eComchain offers analytical tools that generate reports helping you determine which products or services in your catalog are performing best by cities or region, by month of year or by week of the month. eComchain uses its proprietary algorithm, going over historic data of the online store, to display top selling products on the landing page. This information related to top selling products influences online shoppers when making a decision.
- Shop Now buttons: If you have a landing page with hero images of your products that refreshes every few seconds, display a ‘Shop Now’ button to make it easier for online shoppers to complete the purchase who would otherwise have to browse the catalog. With eComchain as your eCommerce platform, ‘Shop Now’ or ‘Buy Now’ buttons can be turned on with 1-click on the landing page, which in turn can be hyperlinked to the Product Detail page to complete the order.
- Easy to use Site Builder: With the easy to use Site Builder developed by eComchain, you can use any one of their 100+ templates to quickly launch your site with a striking landing page. You can also arrange your content, change the content, or drag and drop images with ease without having to go through the hassle of changing the code-base.
- Responsive design: With a myriad of handheld devices, it’s imperative you do not lose out on a responsive design for your online store. Additionally, your store would not show up anywhere in Google search, as Google has given priority to Mobile-first indexing over Desktop page indexing, because a mobile device can hold lesser content compared to a desktop. Using eComchain’s Site Builder will also ensure the landing page and other internal pages are responsive.
Increase Conversions with advanced In-Store Searches
If a customer is not able to find a product they are looking for on your online store, they would look around for the same product on your competitor’s store. It is imperative that you improve the site’s search capabilities by providing type-ahead or auto suggest search features along with facet-based search. Additionally, with eComchain’s Voice Commerce, a new dimension in eCommerce, there’s a whole set of new features that not only improves search and site navigation, but also reduces human error considerably. Voice enable eCommerce is relatively a new technology, with not many ecommerce platforms supporting voice commerce as of yet.
Here are a few best practices to get you started:
- Accuracy of the Search: It’s important to provide the correct result to the end user based on the keywords used during the search. Search results should make sense and also be able to ‘Add to Cart’ on the results page itself. This would ensure higher conversion rates.
- Use Voice for Search: With the advent of mobile devices, provide Voice as one of the ways to search increasing the ease to shop on your online store and thus increasing chances of repeat customers.
- Type ahead & Auto-suggestions: These features help customers find what they are looking for much quicker than completely typing out the product they are searching for. eComchain provides this feature by integrating with SOLR, an award-winning search platform.
Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for our next post to increase your online sales and channels. If you’re an eComchain customer or end user and have specific questions, or if you are interested in gaining insight from our experts, click on the link below. We’d love to help you increase your conversion rate and increase your online revenue.