Microservices for CMS platforms
With the advent of new technologies, legacy eCommerce platforms have struggled to keep pace with the ever-changing buying habits of shoppers and the innovations that new technologies have been able to provide. Cloud-based platforms have helped businesses adapt without increasing the cost to maintain and without having to rewrite code or replace existing ways of doing business. In this white paper you’ll learn how eComchain’s microservices architecture allows you to continue with your current CMS or non-eCommerce platform while you integrate with the best-of-breed solutions, flexibility at scale and robust eCommerce. In addition, you will find why merchants like yourself need Cloud-based microservices solution to take full advantage of platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, SiteCore etc.
We’ll also take a quick look at the following:
• How a Cloud-based ecommerce platform can transform your current CMS platform into a revenue generating powerhouse
• Pre-package integrations to enterprise level ERP applications
• Disadvantages of continuing with monolithic eCommerce platforms as they become obsolete and how the pre-packaged integrated approach is taking over providing a seamless experience
microservices enables you to decouple various pages that are rendered on your current CMS platform, i.e. the presentation layer, from the eCommerce platform. This allows more flexibility in content management ensuring a better user experience with greater search engine optimization that could have taken weeks or months to build
This does not preclude the eCommerce platform from connecting to the backend ERP applications or the payment processing systems or the PIMs
Advantages of decoupling the presentation layer from the eCommerce platform:
• Its a known fact rich content-based user experience is provided by populate CMS system, which will continue in its current state, managed via the CMS dashboard
• Using the scalability and robustness of an eCommerce platform such as eComchain, do not compromise on the content and user experience
• Keep the brand value that drives the shoppers to your storefront using the best features provided by CMS systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Sitecore and any other application of your choice
This blog would be 1 in 5 articles around Microservices as a solution, hosted by eComchain. To be continued.