Converting online visitor traffic into live orders
Many of the online stores built do not focus on converting the website visitors into orders. Importance is given to the design over conversion, which is ok in the short term. In the long run, they realize their website is not generating the revenue they expect. Once the design and user experience is out of the way, it’s important to start looking at ways to increase online revenue.
To a certain extent, an online store can provide a pretty similar experience as if the customer were shopping in-store. In typical in-store shopping, shoppers are able to touch and feel the products on display, try them on, communicate with an in-store sales person which creates an invaluable experience. There are many such features that are available on some select eCommerce platforms, as discussed below.
- Newsletters & Marketing Campaigns: For a larger customer base, increase your conversions by sending out newsletters and marketing campaigns on a regular basis, without spamming their emails. There are tools available in the eComchain dashboard that send out targeted marketing campaigns to a specific set of users or a set of users who ordered a specific product.
- Product Reviews: Allows customers to review products available online and provide a way to capture their feedback. This feedback will in turn help you stay focused on your customer needs, converting a browsing visitors into a registered shopper. You can also use ecommerce apps such as Power Reviews or Yotpo to automatically post a review to your channels complementing your marketing goals.
- Implementing Chatbots & Live Chat: The Live Chat feature along with Chatbots have come a long way in converting a shopper from browsing to ordering online. With Chatbots, online stores are able to answer frequently asked questions related to product availability or the order status, considerably reducing the operational cost of live chats, if the online store prefers to take that route.
Improving Customer Experience with Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence or AI has become an essential tool for any eCommerce site in the connected world that we are in. In today’s digital marketing era the head of marketing can’t escape the need to include AI in its eCommerce or physical retail stores. Learn more on how AI can increase your online sales in a very short time.
Here are a couple of core AI features that come pre-built within eComchain:
- Context-based search engine thinks the way humans do using natural language processing (NLP) to narrow down, contextualize and ultimately improve search results. For example, if a shopper searches for Café but the catalog has products listed as Cafe (without an apostrophe). Along with NLP, there’s a feature to boost search results based on the online demand for products listed in the catalog.
- Retargeting potential customers with the use of a built-in big data analytics engine that captures notable time spent on a product and then displays special offers on the customer’s next visit using the same big data available. This information is stored within the eCommerce database wherein shoppers get the right product info at the right time.
Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for our next post to increase your online sales and channels.We’d love to help you increase your conversion rate and increase your online revenue. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more